Recipes of alternative medicine are still actively used in the treatment of various health problems. In the early stages of prostatitis, home remedies are sufficient. But if the moment is missed and the problem is already burdened with concomitant complications, you will have to use pharmacological drugs.
Main classification and symptoms
Prostatitis is the development of inflammatory processes in the prostate gland. The primary source of pathology is a violation of the blood supply to the muscles and tissues of the small pelvis or their infection.
The main symptoms that help identify the disease:
- Frequent urge to urinate.
- Sharp pain when going to the bathroom or ejaculating.
- Small purulent inclusions contained in the urine.
- Erectile dysfunction (impotence).
The acute form is accompanied by signs of an inflammatory process in the body: general lethargy and weakness, hyperthermia, headache.
The disease has a specific classification:
- Acute form of bacterial prostatitis.
- Chronic bacterial disease.
- Chronic non-bacterial prostatitis.
- Inflammatory, asymptomatic prostatitis.
In turn, non-bacterial lesions are divided into 2 categories: inflammatory and non-inflammatory.
In the early stages of the disease, symptoms are subtle and short-lived, but if steps are not taken to treat prostatitis and prevent it, the symptoms become progressive with severe pain and frequent erectile dysfunction.
You can confirm or deny suspicions about a problem with the prostate gland by contacting a doctor (urologist) who will conduct a series of diagnostic studies, offer to answer some test questions, prescribe treatment if necessary, and instruct on prevention methods.
The causes of the disease
The prerequisites for the development of prostatitis are different and depend on the lifestyle. Men at a young age quite often notice erectile dysfunction after stress, for example during a college session or when they have problems at work.
A large percentage of patients diagnosed with prostatitis are overweight, which contributes to poor circulation in the pelvic area. There is stagnation of blood, an increase in the size of the prostate gland. The declared processes, as a rule, contribute to the formation of inflammation in the surrounding tissues and organs.
Last but not least is the development of prostatitis due to trauma to the pelvic organs. In case of damage, a partial or complete violation of blood supply occurs (rupture of blood vessels, their violation). An insufficient level of physical activity (sedentary work of drivers, office workers) leads to stagnation of blood and violation of organs and tissues of the small pelvis.
Inflammatory processes of the surrounding organs and tissues, for example, in the rectum, pass to the prostate gland. Prostatitis develops as a complication of frequent exacerbations of genitourinary infections and venereal diseases.
Alternative medicine has an impressive list of recipes in its arsenal. Treatment of prostatitis with folk remedies should be complex, since the reasons for its development are varied. The course should include sedative herbal preparations, anti-inflammatory herbal preparations and, of course, products that increase potency.
One of the most effective methods of improving blood circulation in the pelvic area is local application of leeches, but not all patients take this step. In the initial stages of pathology, some recipes are able to independently solve the male problem of prostatitis, while others play the role of an auxiliary method of treatment against the background of basic drug therapy.
As herbal medicine, essential oils and preparations of various vegetable raw materials are used: hemlock, hazelnut, pear, celandine, chestnut, Kalanchoe and others.
For the treatment of prostatitis in men, a decoction of onion peels is successfully used. It is not difficult to prepare it: the raw materials must be washed, put in a saucepan and filled with water. Boil for 5 minutes and leave for an hour. The resulting broth must be filtered and consumed three times a day, half a teaspoon.
The medicine is prepared as follows:
- Peel and chop 5 medium garlic cloves.
- Pour the resulting gruel with boiling water (half a liter).
- Insist overnight.
- Make sure you filter the infusion before taking it.
- It should be taken in a quarter of a glass before breakfast and dinner.
This medicine takes effect after 4-5 days. In this case, the course of treatment should not be interrupted, it should last about a month.
The positive effect of garlic in prostatitis is not due to the effect on potency, but to the ability to cleanse blood vessels. It is thanks to this that the blood flow of all organs and tissues in the small pelvis improves.
Tar collected from birch is known in folk medicine for its anti-inflammatory properties. With prostatitis, the substance can be used as a rectal mixture and tar water.
The rectal mixture is prepared as follows: the raw material must be slightly heated, and a few drops of propolis tincture must be introduced into it. A small amount of the resulting composition is injected into the anus overnight. It needs to be treated for about 2 months.
To prepare tar water, it is necessary to dissolve birch tar in water in a ratio of 1: 8. This solution is brought to a boil and cooked for 5 minutes. The medicine should be infused in a tightly closed jar in a dark place (2 days). During this time, a foam forms on the surface of the tar water, which must be removed, and the contents of the jar itself are poured into another container.
You need to drink half a glass of water half an hour before a meal. The duration of the course of treatment is only 10 days, so it is recommended to take a break of the same duration and repeat the course of treatment. After that, after 20 days, again ten days of drinking water. If it is necessary to return to the drug, this can only be done after a year.
Dried chopped poplar bark should be placed in a 1 liter saucepan for 1 third. Top up with water. In this form, the mixture is infused for 2 weeks. You need to take a medicinal infusion strained in 1 tbsp. L. three times a day. Since the composition is very bitter, you can try to sweeten it with honey.
Honey and aloe
A mixture of honey, aloe and red wine is used as a remedy for prostatitis. In equal quantities, you need to take the juice of aloe leaves and honey (for example, 500 g each) and pour a bottle of dry red wine. Insist for 5 days in a dark place. The received medicine is taken for a month, 1 tablespoon 2-3 times a day. After a week, the course of treatment can be repeated.
Ginseng is famous for its anti-aging properties that affect the entire body, including the prostate. The tincture can be bought at the pharmacy or prepared at home on your own. 1 part of the ginseng leaves or root represents 10 parts of 50% alcohol. For the treatment of prostatitis, you should take 20 drops once a day. But this remedy also has contraindications. It is best not to use it if you are prone to insomnia and hypertension.
In folk medicine, there are several fairly effective herbal preparations:
- The most effective recipe using herbs for the treatment of prostatitis is the collection of nettle, birch, cranberry, horsetail, sage, potentilla, wormwood from the foliage. Vegetable raw materials must be mixed in equal quantities and boiled in water for 15 minutes. Leave for 2-3 hours. You need to drink the infusion three times a day after eating a quarter of a glass.
- Another collection of herbs is not inferior in its positive properties: birch buds, milk thistle, calamus root, celandine, cuff, chamomile, field ivy, flaxseed, wheat grass, hawthorn berries. The method of preparation and the dosage of use are similar to the first recipe. Lemon is added to the tea for flavor.
In addition to all the listed herbal remedies, the treatment of prostatitis at home is carried out with special devices (massagers), which have a magnetic, vibratory or electric effect.
As an additional remedy for prostatitis during the main therapy, it is recommended to take pine baths. This water treatment fee is available at pharmacies. According to the instructions on the label, it is necessary to bring a certain amount of dry raw materials to a boil and add the concentrated solution to a bath filled with hot water. There should be enough liquid to sit in. This procedure should be done every night before going to bed until the water cools (15 minutes). It is not necessary to sit in a cold bath - this leads to excessive hypothermia.
Exercise is extremely helpful for a sedentary lifestyle. Sitting in an office for 8 hours, even in a comfortable chair, cuts off the blood supply in the small pelvis, which leads to stagnant processes. Specially selected exercise sets accelerate blood and improve blood supply to tissues and organs. It should be borne in mind that playing sports will not have a positive effect on bacterial prostatitis.
As an accusation against the problem under consideration, a series of special exercises was developed:
- Squat: 100 times a day. They have to be deep. If fitness does not allow you to perform this number of repetitions, you can divide it into several approaches. The next day, out of habit, the leg muscles can ache. At first, it is enough to do squats every other day, and over time, as the muscles get stronger, you should increase the load.
- "Scissors" sitting on the floor - 20 times. The same exercise in the prone position - even 20 times.
- "Kalachik" - lying on your back, you need to squeeze your knees as much as possible to the chest and grab them with your hands. Stay in this state for 20 minutes. In this case, swinging is allowed, which has a good effect on posture and spine.
- Self-massage of the perineum can also be attributed to physical effects on the pelvic organs. Regular massage helps to get rid of stagnant processes and improve blood circulation.
Such a set of exercises can not only help eliminate prostatitis, but is also a good method of preventing its development.
Conservative drug treatment
After passing the diagnosis and confirming the diagnosis, drug therapy is prescribed, consisting of several categories of drugs:
- Muscle relaxants.
- Alpha group adrenergic blockers.
- Rectal suppositories.
Antibiotics of a certain action are prescribed, which tend to accumulate in the prostate and have an antibacterial effect on its tissues. Muscle relaxants help relax the muscles in the pelvic area, which can be strained during an exacerbation of prostatitis.
The combination of treatment with pharmacological drugs with recipes of traditional medicine and an additional course of physiotherapy allows you to successfully combat prostatitis. It is categorically not recommended to delay treatment, because one of the most dangerous complications of the disease in question is prostate cancer.
Taking care of prevention is easy - it is necessary to lead a healthy and active lifestyle. The main methods of preventive measures include:
- exclusion of cases of hypothermia;
- sufficient physical activity - morning exercises, frequent walking;
- wear loose, not tight clothing;
- limit the use of spicy, fried foods and the introduction of foods rich in vitamins and minerals (celery, parsley and others);
- refusal from alcohol and tobacco smoke;
- have a nice rest;
- normal (regular) sex life;
- avoid cases of withdrawal;
- courses of vitamins and minerals;
- respect for personal hygiene.
Also, as a prevention of prostatitis, phytotherapy can be used, and herbal preparations and baths not only help cure the disease, but can also prevent its development.