Prostatitis is a disease that can only occur in the male genitourinary system. Representatives of the stronger half rarely rush to see a doctor and often skip a favorable stage for treatment, leaving the solution to health problems at an opportune moment, which usually comes too late. It is very important to listen to your body, in time to identify the problems that risk being locked up in a hospital bed for a long time.
Caring for prostate health becomes especially important in adulthood. But the disease is actively getting younger. If previously it was mainly diagnosed in men over the age of 40, now the symptoms of prostatitis have started to be detected at 20-25 years old. Almost one in two men suffer.
The role of the prostate in a man's body
This organ is often called the "second heart" due to the many important functions that the gland performs. In it, a secret is formed that dilutes the composition of the sperm, the gland is part of the sphincter that regulates the urinary process, produces and converts male hormones, and also contributes to the sensation of orgasm.
Signs of prostatitis in men and its symptoms
Prostatitis is an inflammation accompanied by swelling of the tissues of the prostate gland (prostate), it will inevitably manifest itself, even if the pathology itself is in the organs adjacent to it, the vas deferens, the urethra and the bladder. The main highways of the circulatory and lymphatic systems pass through the groin area, this aggravates congestion. The numerous nerve fibers that run in this area of the body contribute to painful seizures.
Symptoms of prostatitis are caused by the type of disease, which is characterized by the cause of its occurrence. The following types are identified:
- non-bacterial or non-infectious;
Although for each article it is possible to distinguish its own signs of prostatitis, the symptoms have similar manifestations:
- There is discomfort and pain in the suprapubic region, groin area and scrotum.
- Frequent urge to go to the toilet with cuts and pain, there is a feeling of incomplete emptying.
- The libido falls.
- The body temperature rises, the chills cover.
- Depressed mood, apathy, depressive state of the psyche.
At least two of the listed symptoms are already a significant reason to visit a specialist urologist or andrologist. An insidious disease can remain without manifestations for a long time, and the first signs of prostatitis in men will be found years after the onset of the provoking factor.
Pain in the small pelvis, sacrum and lower back is worth wary of. The pain syndrome increases with abstinence or, conversely, too frequent sexual contact. The secretion of the gland has natural bactericidal barriers, so only the stagnation of liquids can lead to the onset of the inflammatory process, when the bactericidal effect disappears.
Signs of prostatitis for different types of the disease
Based on the clinical picture of the disease, many forms and types of prostatitis are identified. Each of them differs in its signs and in the nature of the course of the disease. The way prostatitis manifests itself is due to the reasons for its appearance.
Urology specialists identify two main causes of prostatitis:
- an infection that can enter the pelvic organs in various ways;
- stasis of fluid within the gland.
What factors form these phenomena:
- infection of the genitourinary system with various microorganisms and fungi;
- reduced immunity, preventing protection against infections;
- hypothermia, for example from sitting on a cold surface for a long time;
- a sedentary lifestyle causes stagnation in the body;
- addiction to alcohol and tobacco smoke adversely affects blood circulation, the vessels in the small pelvis are narrowed;
- the correct production of hormones is disrupted, which contributes to the appearance of problems in the genital area or impotence;
Let's analyze the individual forms and signs of prostatitis:
- Acute prostatitis- inflammation of the prostate tissue. It is accompanied by edema and disruption of natural processes. The swollen gland enlarges and compresses the channel of the excretory system. There are problems with the administration of natural needs, there are cramps, burning sensationand pain when urinating, feeling of a not completely emptied urenosabubbles. Very advanced cases will be accompanied by swelling of the scrotum, this causes painful discomfort on palpation. The production of the secretion that forms the composition of the sperm is impaired, this affects its qualitative maturation. The intimate sphere of life also suffers. Physiological discomforts negatively affect psychological comfort. With foci of purulent prostatitis in men, the symptoms will be as follows: yellow viscous discharge from the penis, high fever, acute urinary retention. Most often, the cause of the development of the disease in such a severe form is an infection carried into the body. Pathogenic microorganisms: viruses (papilloma, influenza), bacteria (chlamydia, Trichomonas) and fungi, for example, from the Candida family. The first signs of prostatitis in men in their acute form will be similar to the first signs of any infectious disease: chills, weakness, muscle aches, fever up to 39 ° C. When a sharp pain in the pelvic area appears, a man comes to the conclusion that it is not just a cold and it will not be possible to "lie down". Then the problems with going to the bathroom come together. Treatment of an acute infectious form can only be carried out correctly by a suitably qualified doctor. We need a clear diagnosis of the disease and prompt relief from the symptoms of prostatitis. In most cases, antibiotic drugs are prescribed, the duration of which depends on the effectiveness of their action. Medical treatment will be accompanied by physiotherapeutic procedures that promote accelerated tissue recovery and prostate massage.
- chronic prostatitis- the most common pathology of the genitourinary system in men. According to medical statistics, about 80% of all cases of prostatitis detection are precisely the chronic form of the disease. The most common development factor is the effect on the body of pathogenic microorganisms, for example, Trichomonas. Lack of regular physical activity, bad habits, trauma often provoke a chronic course of prostatitis. Often not fully cured acute prostatitis becomes chronic.
The most common signs of chronic prostatitis are:
- discomfort and pain in the suprapubic area, pain in the groin area;
- frequent nocturnal awakenings to go to the bathroom;
- Difficulty urinating
- painful sensations during ejaculation;
Chronic signs of prostatitis in men and its symptoms cause discomfort in many men, but most of them endure them and do not go to specialists, recklessly thinking that the disease can go away on its own. You can expect the opposite effect. In the case of this insidious disease, a man can make progress in the form of more dangerous diseases, or chronic prostatitis will turn into its acute form.
The saddest result of connivance will be infertility or impotence. Treatment of the chronic form of prostatitis is carried out with the direct participation of a doctor. He prescribes antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs. Medicines are used to relax the muscles of the urethra, thus making it easier for the patient to go to the bathroom.
Abacterial / non-infectious prostatitis - factors such as:
- suffered injuries;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- constant stress;
- low level of immunity;
- internal infections of the intestine or small pelvis.
The signs of prostatitis will be discomfort or pain in the pelvic area, difficulty in going to the toilet, disturbances in the intimate sphere, the patient is constantly tired, weak, mentally depressed. Self-medication is unacceptable, as it requires an integrated approach of a careful specialist. It is very easy to harm your body by prescribing drugs on your own.
The wrong choice of antibiotic will have a detrimental effect on the intestinal microflora. There will be a decrease in immunity, which will lead to an aggravation of the processes occurring within the prostate gland.
There are drugs that only relieve the symptoms. If the drugs do not help for objective reasons, the specialist must replace them and introduce hormonal drugs into the therapy.
Prophylaxis to prevent prostatitis will be:
- personal hygiene;
- an ordered rhythm of sexual activity;
- Playing sports;
- regular heating in the workplace in the office;
- a complete diet;
- rejection of bad habits;
- timely treatment of any infections of the genitourinary tract;
- constant increase in immunity.
The signs of prostatitis in men and its symptoms are very similar to a number of other dangerous diseases such as cancer, abscesses, cystitis. The negative consequences can leave a man sterile. Timely referral to an experienced specialist will help avoid health problems. It is very important to check your body regularly: once a year will be enough, especially after forty years.